When a cavity forms, you need to seek treatment. Otherwise, the decay could continue to spread until an infection erupts. Fortunately, we have a treatment that can be completed in a single visit to restore the health and appearance of your tooth. What should you expect from a filling?
Try Our Quiz on Dental Fillings
- True or False: We typically place metal restorations on the rear teeth.
- True or False: We have lifelike fillings for the front facing teeth.
- True or False: Placement only takes a single visit.
- True or False: A toothache could be a sign you need treatment.
- True. We reserve the metal, or amalgam, fillings for the teeth that must endure serious bite forces and greater pressure, Therefore, we typically place them on the back teeth.
- True. For teeth closer to the front of the mouth, we may place a more lifelike option. Our metal-free restorations are created using composite resin, which is strong and durable, but can also be color matched to blend with a tooth. Many people prefer this option due to its ability to match the rest of the tooth.
- True. We first remove any decay from the tooth and then thoroughly clean it. We apply the material of our choosing and then cure the tooth. If we opted for the composite resin, we complete the procedure by polishing the tooth for a more natural appearance. No matter which material we use, the procedure only takes one sitting.
- True. If you develop tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, or a persistent toothache that doesn’t subside after 48 hours, the you may benefit from treatment. Remember, treating cavities in a timely manner is important, as untreated decay can lead to dental infections or abscesses that threaten the stability of the smile. If you have any questions or concerns about addressing decay, then please contact our office today.
Do You have a Cavity?
Greenhaven Family Dental can address your cavities with a lifelike and durable dental restoration. To schedule a visit, simply contact Greenhaven Family Dental in Baxter, MN at 218-454-0523.